quinta-feira, 1 de agosto de 2024

Exercises 2024 choose the right answer 01

 • 1. Could you tell me your surname?

• Would you like me to spell it?

• Do you like my family name?

• How do I say that?

• 2. This plant looks dead.

• It's in the garden.

• It only needs some water.

• It's sleeping.

• 3. I hope it doesn't rain.

• Of course not.

• Will it be wet?

• So do I.

• 4. Are you going to come inside soon?

• For ever.

• Not long.

• In a minute.

• 5. Who gave you this book, Lucy?

• I bought it.

• For my birthday.

• My uncle was.

• 6. Shall we go out for pizza tonight?

• I know that.

• It's very good.

• I'm too tired.

• 7. Do you mind if I come too?

• That's fine!

• I'd like to.

• I don't know if I can.

• 8. There's someone at the door.

• Can I help you?

• Well, go and answer it then.

• He's busy at the moment.

• 9. How much butter do I need for this cake?

• I'd like one.

• I'll use some.

• I'm not sure.

• 10. How long are you here for?

• Since last week.

• Ten days ago.

• Till tomorrow.

• 11. Have you guys had enough to eat?

• That's all right.

• Is there any more rice?

• It's not the right time.

• 12. That's my coat over there.

• Will you take it off?

• No, you haven't!

• Here you are.

• 13. Let's go by bus.

• The train was expensive.

• We'll buy a ticket.

• It'll take too long.

• 14. Do you know my brother Charlie?

• Sorry, he's not here.

• I don't think I do.

• I know.

• 15. Would you like some ice in your drink or not?

• I hope so.

• Yes, I shall.

• I don't mind.

• 16. I hope I haven't ...... you any trouble by changing the arrangements.

• put

• caused

• made

• done

• 17. The floor is wet: don't run or you might ...... !

• stoop

• spill

• slip

• spin

• 18. When you come to my house, ...... your camera with you.

• take

• show

• fetch

• bring

• 19. Paul arrived at the shop ....... as the manager was closing for the day.

• even

• just

• still

• right

• 20. I would ...... to stay at home and relax for a change.

• rather

• better

• prefer

• enjoy

• 21. Is there ...... of food for everyone?

• adequate

• enough

• sufficient

• plenty

• 22. Lily says she's happy at school but she's ...... complaining.

• rarely

• sometimes

• always

• often

• 23. ...... the step when you go in.

• Consider

• Mind

• Attend

• Look

• 24. ...... stay the night if it's too difficult to get home.

• At all costs

• By all means

• In all

• On the whole

• 25. No ...... Hannah is happy when you think how many prizes she has won recently.

• surprise

• problem

• question

• wonder

• 1. When can we meet again?

 When are you free?

 It was two days ago.

 Can you help me?

• 2. My aunt is going to stay with me.

 How do you do?

 How long for?

 How was it?

• 3. When do you study?

 at school

 in the evenings

 in the library

• 4. Would you prefer lemonade or orange juice?

 Have you got anything else?

 If you like.

 Are you sure about that?

• 5. Let's have dinner now.

 You aren't eating.

 There aren't any.

 Tom isn't here yet





• 6. The snow was ...... heavily when I left the house.

• dropping

• landing

• falling

• descending

• 7. I can't find my keys anywhere - I ...... have left them at work.

• can

• must

• ought

• would

• 8. When a car pulled out in front of her, Jane did well not to ...... control of her bicycle.

• miss

• lose

• fail

• drop

• 9. According to Richard's ...... the train leaves at 7 o'clock.

• opinion

• advice

• knowledge

• information

• 10. When you stay in a country for some time you get used to the people's ...... of life.

• habit

• custom

• way

• system


• 11. The builders are ...... good progress with the new house.

• getting

• doing

• making

• taking

• 12. She is now taking a more positive ...... to her studies and should do well.

• attitude

• behaviour

• manner

• style

• 13. My father ...... his new car for two weeks now.

• has had

• has

• is having

• had

• 14. What differences are there ...... the English spoken in the UK and the English spoken in the US?

• among

• between

• beside

• with

• 15. At 6 p.m. I started to get angry with him because he was late ......

• as usual.

• in general.

• typically.

• usually.

• 16. ...... you get your father's permission, I'll take you skiing next weekend.

• Although

• Provided

• As

• Unless

• 17. A local company has agreed to ...... the school team with football shirts.

• contribute

• supply

• give

• produce

• 18. I really enjoy stories that are ...... in the distant future.

• found

• set

• put

• placed

• 19. That old saucepan will come in ...... when we go camping.

• convenient

• fitting

• handy

• suitable

• 20. Anyone ...... after the start of the play is not allowed in until the interval.

• arrives

• has arrived

• arriving

• arrived

• 21. I didn't ...... driving home in the storm so I stayed overnight in a hotel.

• fancy

• desire

• prefer

• want

• 22. The judge said that those prepared to...... in crime must be ready to suffer the consequences.

• involve

• engage

• undertake

• enlist

• 23. Marianne seemed to take ...... at my comments on her work.

• annoyance

• insult

• offence

• indignation

• 24. You should not have a dog if you are not ...... to look after it.

• prepared

• adapted

• arranged

• decided

• 25. The farmhouse was so isolated that they had to generate their own electricity ......

• current.

• supply.

• grid.

• power.


0 Comentários:

Postar um comentário

Assinar Postar comentários [Atom]

<< Página inicial